Monday, May 08, 2006

property tax relief keeps coming!

Duke (to Apollo about a rematch with Rocky) "He's all wrong for us. I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man kept coming after you. Now we don't need no man like that..." Rocky II

Last week I thought real reform was dead, but low and behold there is still a twinkling of a chance for relief. A motion to reconsider has a chance to pass on Tuesday. Senate rules don't allow amendments on 3rd reading, but a motion to reconsider puts the bill back on 2nd reading. It reminds me of the first house that Ann & I lived in on Millgate St. in Anderson. We had some shrubs (red tips) that we tried to cut down. If you've every tried to kill red tips, then you know what I mean. They're not dead until you dig & dig & dig the roots out. Will the Grooms plan surive? Again, I'm doubtful, but stay tuned!