Monday, February 19, 2007

Ann's birthday present to me




Tonight at the Anderson County Republican Party my wife, Ann, presented me with a stack of contributions that she raised for my birthday. Below is the text from her letter sent to my donor list.

As you may know, Kevin turns the big 4-0 on February 19th. I wanted to include you in this special occasion. As we approach Kevin’s 40th birthday, I have been reflecting on how blessed we are to have your support as we serve you in the SC Senate. I’ve stood with my husband continually while he is your voice for fiscal responsibility and family values in Columbia. He has continued to remain passionate about the issues that you and I are committed to.

In Columbia, the more popular road is that of the same-ol’, same-ol’, but you and I know Kevin; he will not go in that direction (believe me, he can be stubborn). I've witnessed growing resistance to the ideas of change, but his persistence is moving our state forward. Because of his efforts, the hostile opposition is mounting to unseat us next year. For this reason, I am asking you to help me with an early birthday present. Would you consider a contribution toward our re-election efforts?

If you can help, please send your contributions to our home address. Kevin will be so surprised!

Again, thank you for your prayers and support. Thank you for joining us in this tremendous yet honorable journey.

Sincerely,
Ann