Monday, September 17, 2007

A pastor praying for me, How cool is this?

Got this e-mail recently from a pastor expressing his support in praying for me.
Dear Senator Bryant, As one of your constituents from the Powdersville area, I pray for you on a regular basis. However, today, God impressed me to let you know that someone was praying for you particularly. I am able to keep up with you on a personal basis through Dr. Steve Ellis who is a part of the church here at GCC where I pastor. We are proud of the effort you invest in our state and community. Thank you for serving us well. In the church, I know that it is very easy to get distracted by good things, as well as the challenges of the day. I pray that God will help you to focus on the best things where He could use you to have the most effective Kingdom impact. May He protect your family and guard your mind. May your grow in favor in His sight and the sight of men. May He give you discernment and courage to stay on the wall for a His great purpose (Nehemiah 6:3).


Art Fulks Pastor - Greenville Community Church